The Factor Online, All The Time
TV & Radio
Opinion & Analysis
Week of 12/30
News Quiz Archive
1. In June he became the longest serving member of Congress in U.S. history. Who?
2. The financially-strapped New York Times Company sold off which of its properties in 2013?
The Boston Globe
The Tuscaloosa News
Nine local TV stations
3. Denis McDonough took over what position at the start of President Obama's second term?
Secretary of Labor
Secretary of the Treasury
White House Chief of Staff
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
4. Which nation successfully landed a sophisticated moon rover on the lunar surface in December?
5. President Obama stated that if he had a son, he would be reluctant to let the boy do what?
Wear a hoodie
Play video games
Listen to rap music
6. Only a handful of states have not enacted a version of Jessica's Law that imposes tough sentences on child molesters. As 2013 ends, which is among the holdouts?
7. Vice President Joe Biden offered what pithy advice to a woman who asked him how she can protect herself from intruders?
"Get a dog"
"Buy a shotgun"
"Take boxing lessons"
"A can of mace, my dear"
8. NBC dropped to fifth place in the February Nielsen ratings among adult viewers. The once-proud Peacock Network lagged behind CBS, Fox, ABC, and what other network?
9. Ratings-challenged CNN picked a member of a prominent political family to host its daily morning show. Who?
Jenna Bush Hager
Barbara Pierce Bush
10. CNN also revived what program that was once a mainstay on the network.
In the Arena
The Spin Room
Larry King Live
11. Comedian Jonathan Winters, who died in April, was known for the characters he created. Which was not among them?
Elwood P. Suggins
Leslie the Sanitation Engineer
12. About 40% of American babies are now born to single mothers. Which state has the lowest percentage of out-of-wedlock births?
13. Which electric car pulled the plug after disastrous sales?
Tesla Model S
14. George Jones, the great country singer who died in April, was once married to which other coutry star?
All of the Above
15. Which famous athlete retired from his or her sport in May?
16. Some far-left entertainers, among them Oliver Stone and Phil Donahue, vigorously supported whom?
17. Because the Miss World pageant was held in majority-Muslim Indonesia, organizers banned what?
18. Who or what is "Kinky Boots?"
Woody Allen movie
Russian all-girl band
Fashion trend for pre-teens
Winner of the Kentucky Derby
19. Frank Lautenberg, who died in June, was the only one in the United States Senate. The only what?
World War II vet
20. A six-person jury acquitted George Zimmerman of murdering Trayvon Martin. All the jurors were what?
None of the Above
21. Which organization unveiled a massive and luxurious new headquarters in Washington in April?
22. Hollywood's summer was chilled by some very expensive box office duds. Which was not among them?
Despicable Me 2
The Lone Ranger
White House Down
All were disappointments
23. The movie "The Fifth Estate" was another conspicuous box office flop. It is about whom?
24. Which state carried out its 500th execution since the death penalty was reinstituted in 1976?
25. Janet Napolitano stepped down as head of Homeland Security in September. Who has never been in charge of DHS?
None of them ran DHS
26. Former White House correspondent Helen Thomas, who died in July at age 92, spent most her career working for which media outlet?
Agency France Presse
United Press International
27. Omnicom and Publicis announced that they will merge to create the world's largest company in what business?
28. Major Nidal Malik Hasan was convicted of murdering 13 people at Fort Hood in 2009. Who decided his guilt?
Jury of civilians
Jury of military officers
Fort Hood commanding officer
29. The new cable outlet Al Jazeera America is owned by the government of which Middle East nation?
30. Rick Stengel became the latest mainstream journalist to join the Obama administration. What media outlet did he run?
31. Islamic terrorists opened fire at a shopping mall in Kenya in September, killing dozens of people. Who were their primary targets?
32. The felony conviction of which former politician was thrown out in September?
Jesse Jackson Jr.
33. The Simpsons signed on for its 26th year and is the longest-running animated series ever. Which is the most enduring show of all?
Meet the Press
As the World Turns
34. Which veteran singer advised Miley Cyrus to tone down her hyper-sexualized image?
35. Vietnamese hero Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap, who died in October at age 102, was revered for defeating the forces of which nation at Dien Bien Phu?
36. Cory Booker, who won a New Jersey special election in October, became the first black elected to the U.S. Senate since whom?
Carol Moseley Braun
37. Lou Reed, the "godfather of punk rock" who died at age 71, had exactly one song on the Billboard Pop Singles chart. What was it?
Lay Lady Lay
Rainy Day Women
Positively 4th Street
Just Like A Woman
Walk on the Wild Side
38. Candy Crush received a lot of attention in 2013. Who or what is Candy Crush?
39. The Subway restaurant chain faced complaints about its "Footlong" sandwiches. Why?
Uses genetically modified tomatoes
Extra charge for mayo or mustard
Far more calories than stated
Has 1,000+ mg of sodium
Not really 12" long
40. After a contentious dispute, which was officially declared the USA's tallest building?
Willis Tower, Chicago
U.S. Bank Tower, Los Angeles
Trump Hotel and Tower, Chicago
Empire State Building, New York
One World Trade Center, New York
41. A painting was purchased for $142 million in November, the highest price ever paid for a work of art at an auction. Who is the artist?
42. Which disgraced former politician re-opened his law practice?
43. An accused killer declared bankruptcy in January. Who?
Claus von Bulow
44. Many fast food workers are demanding a rise in the federal minimum hourly wage, which is what?
45. A new presidential library opened in September, dedicated to whom?
George W. Bush
46. The late Nelson Mandela shared the 1993 Nobel Peace Prize with whom?
F.W. de Klerk
47. Which team won the 2013 World Series?
Boston Red Sox
St. Louis Cardinals
New York Yankees
San Francisco Giants
Los Angeles Dodgers
48. Boris Johnson, the Mayor of London, caused a stir by saying people are poor primarily because of what?
49. The United States is no longer the world's fattest country, having been butted aside by which even-chubbier nation?
50. The Oxford Dictionaries selected what as its "Word of the Year?"
The O'Reilly Factor
SEPTEMBER 29, 2014
| PM Rating: A+
Why President Obama and Congress are Not Protecting Us Effectively
Weekdays with Bernie Segment
The Media & President Obama
Watters & the ACLU
Tip Of The Day
Dealing With Dumb People
SEPTEMBER 30, 2014
| PM Rating: A-
Talking Points Memo & Top Story
President Obama Gets Blowback from the Intelligence Community
There is deep anger among some working in the CIA and other American intelligence agencies after...
White House Security Breach
42 year old Omar Gonzalez is now charged with unlawfully entering a restricted building with...
Unresolved Problems Segment
Covering the President
Since his first term began, many in the White House press corps gave president Obama the benefit...
Personal Story Segment
Entering the No Spin Zone
Rep. Michele Bachmann is retiring at the end of the year. Tonight she'll join us to talk about...
'Is it Legal?' Segment
Oklahoma City Beheading
30-year-old Alton Nolan has been charged with first degree murder and other crimes for allegedly...
Back of Book Segment
Advancing Towards a Nuclear Bomb
Charles Krauthammer says the Obama administration is surrendering to Iran on the nuclear weapons...
Learn More about our newsletters
Talking Points Memo Transcript
The Bill Bulletin
The Factor Insider
This Week on The Factor
Video of the Day
O'Reilly Factor Clips
Tip of the Day
TV & Radio
O'Reilly Factor Flash
O'Reilly Factor Archive
The Radio Factor Vault
Radio Talking Points Memos
The O'Reilly Store
Send a Message to Bill O'Reilly
Knowledgebase & FAQs
Email Customer Service
Opinion & Analysis
No Spin News
Bill's Daily Briefing
Stratfor.com Intelligence Briefing
No Spin News
Bill's Photo Album
Follow The Factor
Terms & Conditions
Copyright © 2002-2014 BillOReilly.com. All rights reserved.