So how is the Fisher House Foundation planning to use the funds that it raised with the help of Bill and Pres. Obama? Take a look at their plans for using the money raised, and see all the things that will be accomplished--with sincere thanks to everyone who contributed.
Current plans are as follows:
The Fisher House Foundation is highly rated by Charity Navigator, with over 95% of all funds raised going directly into programs.
- $50,000 to Heroes Legacy Scholarships, scholarships for the children of our fallen and disabled military heroes (established with proceeds from the President's children's book).
- $100,000 to help build a Fisher House at the Augusta VA Medical Center, Georgia. House will be completed this summer.
- $100,000 to help build a Fisher House at the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, Utah. Construction to begin within three months.
- $100,000 to help build a Fisher House for the Pittsburgh VA Medical Center, Pennsylvania. Construction to begin this summer.
- $100,000 to help build a Fisher House for the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Virginia. Construction to begin this summer.
- $100,000 to help build a Fisher House for the Audie Murphy VA Medical Center, San Antonio, TX. Newest VA level one polytrauma center; construction to begin this fall.
- $200,000 to help build a Fisher House at Elmendorf AFB, Alaska. Starting construction this month.
- The remaining $300,000 (plus) will be used to pay the lodging costs for families.